Thursday 20 February 2014

Wedding shoe dilemma!

So I have ummm'd and ahh'd about this for a while and want your advice! I have my first dress fitting imminently and I need to have some shoes to try on with my dress so that the length can be altered accordingly.

There are going to be two bits to our wedding, the marriage bit -which is going to be in an 11th century Buddhist temple just off the beach but open to all the elements and then the dinner/ dancing party bit on the beach after. So, I thought it would more sensible to wear a heel to start with and then maybe some embellished sandals or even some foot jewellery for the second we hit the beach.

I am tall anyway so I don't need a big heel and I don't want to be lumbering down the aisle holding on to my daddy's arm for dear life, probably sweating from all the heat and crying with all the emotion (painting a stunning image here). 

SO, I was thinking a kitten heel sandal style. At the end of the day, no ones going to really see my shoes as the dress will cover them anyway, but it would still be good to wear something nice! I'm only doing this ONCE after all.

Colour wise I was thinking silver as my engagement ring's platinum and any other jewellery I wear will be either pearl or silver. Saying that, if I did find some other shoes that were turquoise (my most favourite colour!) or gold, I wouldn't disregard them!
So, here's some current options... There's not that much in the shops at the moment as we're still in the midst of Winter but here goes:



Arial Art Deco by Rachel Simpson. I love these, I think they are so pretty and the detailing reminds me of fish scales which is very apt for the beach environment. They are leather too so hopefully my feel wouldn't sweat quite so much. They are £132 which is a little high, considering I will only be wearing them for a short while.

Hibiscus by Jimmy Choo These are very pretty, but for me they are unfortunately out of my price range at £525 and they don't have a back, which I know seems silly but I am just destined to fall out of something if it doesn't hold my foot in place!



Ridge by Jonak. These are £72 . 50, but via the website you get £10 off your first order which makes them very appealing. I think these are very feminine and being leather's a bonus too. They also come in gold.
Another pair of sandals by the same brand - Aorsade sandals by Jonak, £75. I think these are lovely too.  I just think they might be missing something, but not sure what exactly.

Gwynitta by Christian Louboutin at £495. Perfect if I was 5'2 but not at 5'8, unfortunately not practical at all with the beach environment, even though owning one of these red soled delights would be an almighty treat!

Elegant party heel by Boden. These are £110 which I think is quite expensive for what they are. I like the heel height but not to sure on the rest of them.

Heloise sandals by Dune. I think these are beautiful and such a good price at £59, but the heel's WAY too big for me unfortunately. They also come in a muted gold too which I really like.


Starfish white sandal by Aspiga, £75. I think these are so fitting with the environment and I love the beading on them. I don't think they are "bridal" enough but I would definitely love to wear them before and after the wedding as they're so unique!

Barefoot sandal from Passion Flower Jewellery So delicate and beautiful. £49.13 from Etsy.

Mckenzi bare foot bridal sandals. I love the colour and design of these and as my bridesmaid's are wearing a mint green this would actually be lovely. £53.64 from Etsy.



Arianna Cherry Blossom barefoot sandals. They are made with pearl and crystal flowers. At £145 these are expensive, however I do think that they are utterly beautiful and something you would keep forever.


Barefoot wedding sandals. I love these ones, the tiny pearls are so pretty and feminine. However these are $140! I am tempted to try and make some myself.

Pearl beaded handmade shoe clip by Rachel Simpson. I figure, if I do get a pair of plainer shoes I can always add something like this on? Although the £65 price tag's a lot!


I am still non the wiser on what I should go for, so please do let me know what you think! If  you know of anywhere else I should look I'd be so grateful to hear and in the mean time I'll keep looking.
Emi x

No comments:

Post a Comment