Monday 3 February 2014

This soup deserves an Oscar!

A few Sunday's ago we found ourselves wondering around Richmond's Whole Foods, mouths wide open, eyes fixed and stomachs rapidly rumbling at the bakery section. However, being only 2 months (OMG!!) now until we both say 'I do' we are on a strict no sugar, no carbs, (no nothing!) diet.
 
On entering the store we made our way downstairs to the "healthier" section and of course the cat food, remembering this was the one and only reason we had found ourselves within such a dieters hell in the first place. No sooner had we got downstairs something caught my eye, a soup stand with a friendly looking couple handing out cups of thick green soup- well, this must be healthy I thought to myself. Never ones turn down a freebie- even a healthy one- Ports and I both accepted the green goodness - and in just one sip I was blown away.
Being a type one diabetic and finding a soup that isn't loaded with sugar and added sugar is borderline impossible! I spend endless lunch breaks in supermarkets shaking my head at the sugar content in soups. Even the 'green soups' are loaded with sugar - their excuse, to flavour and preserve- but in the name of health- this is NOT HEALTHY!

However, let me introduce you to Soupologie -the Gwyneth Paltrow of the celebrity world! The guy who created them, Stephen, deserves a soup oscar and in my opinion, he should be the one pioneering healthy eating within schools - not Jamie bloody Oliver.
 


These soups are filling, tasty, rich in everything good- oh, and there's only the natural sugar to contend with - which - even at there most 'sugary' is such a minimal amount that I needed NO INSULIN for! For me this is a revelation as pretty much everything pre-packaged these days from soups to salads, these days come packed with nasty added sugars. To be able to buy a soup that I dont have to think about how much insulin I'm going to have to give myself it a bit of a dream!

There are over 20 different soups to choose from which are all free-from meat, gluten, lactose and sugar, so they literally cater for every one.


I was expecting such a health tick-able soup to be very expensive- especially buying it from Wholefoods, however, they are very reasonable for all the benefits they provide at £2.99 each (this will obviously vary across stores).




I am so thrilled that I can now have soup for lunch as many times a week as I want and not have to worry about any crazily high blood sugars afterwards, or having to give myself a ridiculous amount of insulin.

For further information on Soupologie and where you can pick one up, follow this link

1 comment: