Wednesday 19 February 2014

Goodbye creasy eyes!

Over the last few months I have been trying out a lot of new products and really trying to establish a good make up routine priot to my wedding, incorporating- exfoliating, moisturising, priming and then make up etc! It's something that I think I have more or less got used to now and I know my skin looks and feels a lot better for it. . . even though sometimes it feels like a very long winded effort!

Soap and Glory "It's About Prime" eye primer
The one thing I had never really thought about was eye primer. I definitely fall victim to an oily eye lid and frequently end up with that line of creased make up which I then proceed to rub off in a "well it's nearly the end of the day, who cares" type attitude.

However, recently I purchased the Soap and Glory "It's About Prime" and I can honestly say this has saved my creasy eyes and also acts as a darn good highlighter! It comes in two shades- a dark and a light- I went for the bright light one as it works well with my current pale complexion. It has a shimmery tone to it and glides on to the eye lid really easily. I leave it for about a minute before putting eye shadow over the top, to save it being rubbed off.
Primer on skin

Once primer has been rubbed in
The packaging reminds me of Benefit, but without the price tag. It's bright and sterdy and holds it's own well against my other high end products. I bought it in Boots for £8 and I can honestly say I will buy this again and again. Even after a long day in work followed by a sweaty gym session my eye shadow was still perfectly in place which I couldn't quite believe!



Eyes after about 6 hrs wearing the primer



At the moment I am still trialling the Smashbox face primers- I currently have 3 that I've been swapping between but I'm a bit indifferent at the moment, so if you have any tips or other face primers that you recommend  (that work especially well in heat!) I'd be very grateful to hear!

2 comments:

  1. Wow- look at your eyelashes!😍 Have you tried a bare minerals primer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Thank you! That's my new Bobbi Brown mascara- it's amazing! No I haven't - if you recommend it though I shall try it! x

    ReplyDelete