Friday 21 September 2012

A Beautiful Welsh Wedding in the Wye Valley. . .

On Saturday 8th September 2012 our wonderful friends Hannah and Richard married in Trellech Church, Monmouthshire.  With hardly a cloud in the sky the Wye Valley was flooded with sunlight and warmth as the newly weds posed for photos.


This was also a very magical day for me as not only did I get to see my dear friends get married,  I also saw my very own "Festibelles" in action for the first time on four of Hannah's bridesmaids.





In the weeks running up to the wedding we had spent some time discussing the colour scheme  for the dresses that the bridesmaids would be wearing. On deciding to match the bridesmaid's dresses I sourced some beautiful sage green satin ribbon from the John Lewis haberdashery department, along with some synthetic pearls and pearl heart buttons.  

When the doors opened at 2pm on Saturday 8th September and we saw the beautiful bride enter arm in arm with her beaming father, I was so proud and relieved to see the bridesmaids, each wearing a Festibelle headband; better than I could have ever imagined.  The whole outfit worked so well and the colours blended perfectly. Success. 




Arriving in style
The girls wore the headbands throughout the day which was a great relief to me and they  gave me very positive feedback. I try, when making them, to coat the wire in as much cord and ribbon as possible to improve the comfort.
Beautiful Bride and Bridesmaid



Having  seen the success of Hannah's wedding and how beautiful all the girls looked I am very excited to progress my range and hopefully do more weddings. I am in the process of looking into winter flowers and headpieces to see what I can create for the coming season.

For any more information, pictures or my range of jewellery please see the following:
Etsy

Twitter: @emiloudesign







The morning after. . . and the sign of an incredible Welsh countryside wedding! 


Below are a couple of the proto-types I trialled before creating the final Festibelle headbands. 





Emi xx




No comments:

Post a Comment