Tuesday 17 September 2013

Of recent times....

Long-time no posting, sorry, I've totally seemed to have lost my blogging mojo and feel very out of the loop! Life seems to have been crazy recently, mostly with wedding planning around my ever travelling fiancĂ©e, and trying to somehow get my head around my gemmology finals. I thought getting married on an island in Indonesia might mean no stress and no hassle.... unfortunately this isn't so. However, I am- as much as I am moaning- also LOVING a lot of the planning and making. I have set myself some pretty big tasks, but I have a list and am doing my best to be as proactive as possible and get stuff done! I am going to blog asap about some of the things I have been making to see what you guys think. 


I genuinely have spent the last couple of months looking at everything wedding 'y' and genuinely cannot believe how much everything is! It's like put the word "wedding" in front of something and it's therefore socially acceptable to add 2,3,4 zero's!I've even found myself typing into google "white maxi dress" and a host of other "key words" in the hope of finding some beautiful dress that I could wear as a wedding dress- however, it seems even the designers have clocked on to this one and anything remotely white and maxi is a "wedding dress".
Having said that, I am infact on my way - this weekend- to my (hopefully) final viewing of a dress I have tried on -4 times now! The more I've tried it on, the more I love it and think it will fit with a) the humid and hot climate and b) the temple / beach wedding setting. It does worry me slightly however that I have not had that "eureka" moment with any dress and boy have I tried on a fair few!! I've been pricked, prodded and s.t.u.c.k - yep, stuck in dresses. I've sweated my way through so many styles and bridal shops and really have had enough, I just want a dress, the dress! Everywhere I read though, and every one I have spoken to seems to have known straight away that the dress they have tried on was "the one" - I've even had two girls tell me that they burst in to tears on seeing themselves. I don't know where I am going wrong really, maybe it's because I'm being a little un traditional and therefore need something a little less conventional that I'm not going to have some massive over heating issue in, I mean how awful would it be for my hubby to be to see a sweating, sunburnt Emi walking down the aisle- anyway, I cannot let myself start worrying about the "what if's" ... For now I will just let you know how I get on this weekend!
On another note I have made a couple of new pieces for my Emi-Lou Designs range recently which I hope you like. I am almost decided on the dresses for my bridesmaids so I have been doing a bit of trialling with different floral headbands, colours and sizes of flowers. I recently LOVED Millie Mackintosh's bridesmaid's floral garlands, they really complimented their dusky pink gowns and the girls own natural beauty.  

 

I would like to try and make something similar for my bridesmaids, maybe slightly smaller though.
This one particular was for a friend who was off to a festival and in desperate need of something bright, fun and floral for her hair. I was worried that the yellow and pink would look a little "bright" but I think it worked out.
 

The other thing I wanted to share with you were these earrings. I love making earrings more than anything else, you can be so creative with them and I love trying different stones and colours together. Here I have 14k gold wire and beads with a turquoise stone and blue glass beads. 




Anyway, a bit of a rambled post, but thought I should get back in to the zone and give you all a bit of an update.
Emi x

No comments:

Post a Comment